Wednesday, January 16, 2013

ten months


I can't believe that in two months, our sweet little angel boy will be one year old! Time sure has flown and he is such a fun baby! Grant was able to celebrate his first Christmas this much. Eric and I had so much fun with him and opening his presents for him. (As I look back, we probably could've let him have more fun with it, but we were so excited for him!) We had such a good Christmas, and kept it simple, but it was perfect for us! Some things Grant is up to:
-Our little man is taking so many steps. He doesn't walk fully all the way, but loves to walk from furniture to furniture. The other day I was in our kitchen, he was in the bedroom and I heard him do a play scream, I looked toward the bedroom and he had his arms in front of him like Frankenstein walking. So cute!
-Grant is so tough. With learning to walk, he has taken some falls, but is such a tough little boy and gets right back up and continues playing.
-He is still so good at throwing balls. He loves any type of ball and usually is looking for one, or crawling around with one in his hand. Today I even saw him kick one as he was walking.
-Grant has also learned how to get into cupboards this month which has made for some loud noises for our neighbor below us. We've had the chemicals locked away since he started crawling, but I finally had to put locks on the pots and pans cupboard since he loves to clank those. He is super smart and will run to the cupboard when we have it open to try and get into it.
-He loves trying to get into the fridge, pantry, or closet when we are getting something from there. He gets sad when he doesn't get what he wants, but is happy and quickly changes his mind and wants to do something else.
-For some terribly gross reason, Grant loves sucking on the bottom of shoes. This wasn't a problem until it started snowing and getting wet outside since we leave our shoes on the rug to dry before putting them into the closet. He knows he isn't supposed to do it and runs away when he sees us coming to take the shoes away.
-Since day one, this little boy has loved the bath and that has not changed one bit. Whenever he hears Eric or I in the shower, he thinks that he should be able to shower too. He would play in the tub all day if we let him. The tub is usually one of the first places he goes to when he finds that the bathroom door is open.
-I started school this month and Eric stays home with Grant while I am at school. When I came home after my first day back, Grant finally said, "mama." Melted my heart!
-I made these 3D stars back before Christmas and they are hanging from our ceiling and recently Grant has acted scared around them. He's warmed up to them, but in the beginning when we would lift him up to them, he would hold on to us as tight as he could. Eric and I loved it because he gave great hugs when he'd see them. Now if you ask him where the "stars" are, he'll look to the ceiling to try and find them.
-Baby attack! Grant loves to do what we have coined (I believe thanks to our nephew Jefferson,) baby attacks. This happens when someone is laying down on the ground and Grant makes a b-line for them and sucks on their face. The greatest kisses are given during baby attacks, however, he also hasn't learned how to control his slobber just yet, so you usually end up with a bunch of slobber in your ear. He hasn't learned though, that baby attacks are not to be done on other babies, and unfortunately our nephew Porter has been on the receiving side of that (Sorry buddy, he loves you!)
-Grant is becoming more and more of a little boy and the other day my brother built him a fort with the couch and blankets and Grant loved that. He loved to chase you in the fort, or run away from you.
-This little boy has more energy than a red bull. He definitely keeps Eric and I on our toes and today Eric stated that his toys looked like a robber had ransacked through our apartment because they were everywhere.
-The other day, it snowed A TON and we were at my parents and I went out to get the dog to see if he would play in the snow with me. My sister put Grant up to the window in his high chair and said he just laughed at me and Rocky. I can't wait til Grant is a little bigger and can sled down my parents awesome hill with me!
-So I'd like to say that Grant has learned to wave and make everyone that he has waved to feel really good about themselves, but when he waves, he is actually saying "it's so stinky." This started when he would take his socks off his feet (which he does ALL the time, this boy HATES socks) and Eric took the sock and put it near Grants nose and said, "it's so stinky." Grant thought it was the funniest thing and does it often with his socks. He also does it without his socks too, which is where the wave comes in. When we are around people, or at church, people will say hi and I'll tell him to wave, but he won't. If I whisper in his ear, "it's so stinky," he'll start to wave. So if he waves to you, he's really telling you you stink.
-This month, Grant has really taken to reading. He will sit by his books and just read and read and read. It is terribly cute. He even has read one so much that he "wore" it out and  the front and back cover "ripped" right off of it (It's his animal book, and I think he may be slightly scared of the animals and ripped the book in defense.)
-For Christmas Grant got a big boy carseat (and because he is actually too heavy for his infant carseat.) He looks like such a little toddler in it and I can't believe my little baby is already sitting in this seat.
-At Grant's 9 month Dr. Checkup he had one tooth and one that came in the very next day. Since then, he has grown a fang. He has his two middle bottom teeth, but the one that he has on the top is one of the one's next to the middle teeth. So he has "free teef" as Eric says altogether. It is so funny to see him laugh and to see his fang tooth, all alone up tope. My how we love his free teef, except when he bites.
This little boy is the light of our life. We are so grateful that Heavenly Father trusted us enough to take care of this special spirit. We know he is going places and I love to watch him grow and learn. He is so smart and does something everyday that amazes me. I love being a mom and could think of no better job! :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy how fast the year goes? Emma will be 10 months in about 10 days or so. It's INSANE! I am looking forward to getting her a bigger carseat. I feel like she is too squished at times in hers.

    ReplyDelete